If you’re about to treat a cavity, then you’re on your way toward the strong, healthy, and functional tooth/teeth you need. Unfortunately, many people feel nervous at the dental office, especially when they need a treatment. If you’re one of these people, our dental team encourages you to ask your dentist, Dr. Jon C. Bauman, questions. The more you know, the better. In fact, knowing what to expect and knowing the details of the treatment can even help you feel more comfortable in the dental chair. Some questions to ask include:
– What type of filling will you use to restore my tooth and why?
– What treatment will you use to help me relax during the appointment and avoid any feelings of pain?
– How long will the numbing agent or sedative last?
– Will I be able to drive home after my appointment?
– Will this treatment only require one visit?
– Do I need to schedule a follow-up appointment?
– How long will this treatment take?
– How much does the treatment cost?
– Can I bring someone to keep me company during my appointment?
– Will you have things to keep me entertained during the treatment?
– Is there a signal I can use to tell you I need a break from treatment?
To learn more about what to ask your dentist when you have a cavity in Brighton, Colorado, please contact Riverdale Dental Center at 303.659.1920. Our dental team is more than happy to help you, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to helping you!